I am extremely fond of scones. I remember when I had my first scone with clotted cream. I was visiting with my daughter and she took me to Vaults and Garden Café by the University Church in Oxford (England). Good and happy memories. : )
I like gastronomic diversity. In general, I don't think that certain foods should be consumed only at a certain time of the day. However, I will not eat a steak at midnight if I am planning to go to bed at half past midnight or 1 am. This reminds me of my German teacher (born in Austria who had moved to Portugal) . One day, on my way to classes, I stopped at a Coffee shop to buy something (probably a rice cake, my favourite at the time!) and I saw Herr X having a steak with french fries for breakfast!!!
As for midnight snacks, they can be very comforting. There is something very special about midnight. It is said that the best moments, the best things happen at midnight. : )
Costumava encomendar scones simples (sem fruta ou outros ingredientes) numa padaria. Passado algum tempo a minha filha disse-me que eram muito fáceis de fazer. Experimentei e gostei dos meus scones. Reconheço que os da padaria são melhores porque adicionam mais gordura e açúcar e eu reduzo. : )
Para mim, seria mais a do meio dia... :-)) Ai esses scones, estão mesmo a pedir uma trinca!!! Vou-me embora... já abri o apetite para o almoço, daqui a uma meia hora... :-D Beijinhos Ana
VOU A CAMINHO :))))
ResponderEliminarNão se perca! :)
EliminarQue aspecto delicioso, já comia 😋
ResponderEliminarBeijinhos
Obrigada, Maria. Recorro aos scones quando não tenho nada de mais interessante para publicar. :)
EliminarYum - though I am not sure about the timing...
ResponderEliminarThe timing depends pretty much on the circumstances... and then we find that any time is good timing for scones a nice cup of tea. :)
EliminarEstou a chegar 😉
ResponderEliminarAqui o espero. : )
EliminarSimple but looks yummy
ResponderEliminarI don't know anyone who doesn't like scones.
Eliminar...have a little jam.
ResponderEliminarI had a little jam. Found it too sweet. Then removed most of it.
EliminarThe scones look delicious!
ResponderEliminarI am extremely fond of scones. I remember when I had my first scone with clotted cream. I was visiting with my daughter and she took me to Vaults and Garden Café by the University Church in Oxford (England). Good and happy memories. : )
EliminarI wish I had one right now!
ResponderEliminar: ) There is something very special about scones.
EliminarMidnight snacks are the best!
ResponderEliminarThey are!! Mainly if you have supper between 5 and 6 pm. : )
EliminarNot something I think of as a midnight snack. Then again, I never snack at midnight.
ResponderEliminarI like gastronomic diversity. In general, I don't think that certain foods should be consumed only at a certain time of the day. However, I will not eat a steak at midnight if I am planning to go to bed at half past midnight or 1 am.
EliminarThis reminds me of my German teacher (born in Austria who had moved to Portugal) . One day, on my way to classes, I stopped at a Coffee shop to buy something (probably a rice cake, my favourite at the time!) and I saw Herr X having a steak with french fries for breakfast!!!
As for midnight snacks, they can be very comforting. There is something very special about midnight. It is said that the best moments, the best things happen at midnight. : )
EliminarThen I will have to get up at midnight and see what adventures befall me.
Eliminar:)))
EliminarScones caseiros que bom :) Nunca fiz
ResponderEliminarCostumava encomendar scones simples (sem fruta ou outros ingredientes) numa padaria. Passado algum tempo a minha filha disse-me que eram muito fáceis de fazer. Experimentei e gostei dos meus scones. Reconheço que os da padaria são melhores porque adicionam mais gordura e açúcar e eu reduzo. : )
EliminarEu, à meia-noite
ResponderEliminarSó bebo
Um pouco de uísque
Com um cubo de gelo
Diz-se que as bebidas fortes não são conducentes a um sono reparador. Mas se te dá prazer, não tenho nada contra.: )
EliminarI love scones and yours look great.
ResponderEliminarI do too!!! : ))
EliminarPara mim, seria mais a do meio dia... :-))
ResponderEliminarAi esses scones, estão mesmo a pedir uma trinca!!! Vou-me embora... já abri o apetite para o almoço, daqui a uma meia hora... :-D
Beijinhos
Ana