quinta-feira, 2 de julho de 2026

 



Chegou o grande dia para as comunidades portuguesa e croata de Toronto.

O entusiasmo  da cidade é contagiante. Milhares de adeptos não conseguiram bilhetes e ficarão fora do estádio a uma temperatura neste momento de 33 graus, mas com uma sensação térmica de 44 graus.

Todas as precauções estão a ser tomadas para garantir a segurança do público, incluindo a distribuição de água, o reforço das equipas médicas, o policiamento do local e áreas limítrofes e a proibição de drones. Foram instaladas tendas de nebulização ao redor do Estádio de Toronto e áreas de sombra com refrigeração. O Environment Canada emitiu o alerta laranja.

Quanto às garrafas de água dentro do Estádio, a FIFA flexibilizou as regras, permitindo uma garrafa de água de plástico descartável, macia, até 590 ml e que esteja perfeitamente selada de fábrica.  As garrafas rígidas continuam proibidas por razões de segurança.

Que vença a melhor equipa!

(Como todos sabemos, nem sempre o vencedor é a “melhor” equipa!)


E aqui estou eu a 23 graus.

And here I am, keeping cool at 23 degrees at home.



The big day has arrived for Toronto’s Portuguese and Croatian communities, and the city’s enthusiasm is contagious.  

Thousands of fans couldn’t get tickets and will remain outside the stadium in the current temperature of 33°C (91º F), which feels more like 44°C (111º F).

Every precaution is being taken to ensure public safety, including water distribution, reinforced medical teams, venue policing, and a ban on drones.  Misting stations and cooled, shaded areas have been set up around the Toronto Stadium. Environment Canada has issued an orange alert. 

As for water bottles inside the Stadium, FIFA has relaxed the rules, allowing one soft, disposable plastic water bottle of up to 590 mL that is factory-sealed.  Rigid bottles remain banned for safety reasons.

May the best team win!

(As we all know, the winner isn’t always the “best” team.)

 







12 comentários:

  1. Com alguma sorte à mistura, um guarda -redes fenomenal, lá cumprimos a missão.
    Bfds

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I saw who won on the news. Tonight/early morning I'm recording Australia's game so I can watch it tomorrow, though I'm sure there will be a repeat on the TV.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. I'm planning to watch the game as well. Australia vs. Egypt today, Friday, at 2 pm. At this moment it is 8.53 am.
      We, in North and South America, are lucky this time. All games were tailored to our time zones, which makes sense, obviously. : )

      Eliminar
    2. Yes, much easier to watch those games where you are, I did watch the Australia vs Egypt this afternoon (the match I recorded). Saturday here.

      Eliminar
  3. Não vi o jogo, mas parece que correu bem!
    Agora temos que aguentar nuestros hermanos! 😀

    Abraço

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I'm really enjoying the World Cup. Never been much of a soccer fan in the past, but this time it's been contageous!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. It has been phenomenal! : ))
      The tournament’s broadcast schedule aligns perfectly with our time zone, which is a strong factor for boosting viewer engagement. That is certainly true for the casual viewer. For the very dedicated soccer fans, however, they will watch all the games regardless of how it disrupts their routines.

      Eliminar