Gostei do título e por isso o requisitei. Nunca tinha ouvido falar do autor, tanto quanto me lembro.
Depois de o ter no meu
tablet é que fiz uma pequena pesquisa.
Alexander McCall Smith
(1948-) é um jurista britânico e autor de ficção. Cresceu na Rodésia do Sul
(atual Zimbábue) e foi professor de Direito Médico na Universidade de
Edimburgo. Como especialista em direito médico e bioética participou em
comissões britânicas e internacionais associadas com esta área.
Como escritor, a venda dos
seus livros já ultrapassou os 40 milhões e estão traduzidos em 46 idiomas. Wikipédia
E qual é a série pela qual
é mais conhecido? Essa será a vossa pesquisa se estiverem interessados(as). : )
I liked the title. So, I requested the ebook from the library.
As far as I remember I had never heard of this author.
According to Wikipedia, Alexander McCall Smith (1948 - ) is a
British legal scholar and author of fiction. He was raised in Southern Rhodesia
(now Zimbabwe) and was formerly Professor of Medical Law at the University of
Edinburgh. He became an expert on medical law and bioethics and served on
related British and international committees. He has since become known as a fiction
writer, with sales in English exceeding 40 million. His books have been
translated into 46 languages.
And what series is he best known for? That will be your research if you are
interested. : )

44 Scotland Street Series
ResponderEliminarAlexander McCall Smith
The residents of 44 Scotland Street and the city of Edinburgh itself come to vivid life in Alexander McCall Smith’s gently satirical, wonderfully perceptive serial novels, with five-year-old prodigy Bertie Pollock at the center of it all. Readers everywhere will doubtless recognize their neighbors and themselves in this shrewd send-up of urban society.
Good job! But I believe the "No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" is even more popular. The series have 24 books.
EliminarHe wrote "The Portuguese Irregular Verb" series as well. I hope I can find these books in our library.
Eu escolhi — 44 Scotland Street Series — porque foi o nome que mais me agradou‼️
EliminarTudo bem. :)
EliminarLove those detectives!
ResponderEliminarFemales detectives!!
EliminarThis morning, I wrote a text to a friend of mine saying, among other things, "Enjoy the sweet remnants of the summer". Later on, as I was looking for new books on the net, I find this title! What a coincidence!!! I had to get it. I will start reading it tomorrow.
I have read (and enjoyed) most of the No ! Ladies Detective Agency series.
ResponderEliminarI am liking his style.
EliminarHe has a nice smiling face and is a very learned man.
ResponderEliminarHe is. :)
EliminarNo meu blog FALANDO SÉRIO um inusitado desfecho de toda essa matéria fecal na qual transformamos nossa pobre sociedade!
ResponderEliminarConfira!
Um abração carioca.
Lamento, mas essa descrição não é apelativa.
EliminarA new author to me.
ResponderEliminarI am enjoying his writing style.
EliminarNo research needed, he's know for #1 Ladies Detective Agency series. I've read most of them and loved them all. He's a very talented writer.
ResponderEliminarWonderful!! I am liking this book.
EliminarThis one is the 14th of the Isabel Dalhousie series. I already have the first of the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series.
EliminarA new author to me too.
ResponderEliminarWe are always learning together. :)
EliminarDesconheço!!
ResponderEliminar.
Os poemas que nascem dentro de mim
.
Beijos. Bom Domingo.
Um autor que estou a gostar muito.
Eliminar: )
Pedro Coimbra
ResponderEliminar12:29 AM (9 hours ago)
to me
Pedro Coimbra deixou um novo comentário na mensagem "":
Estou a descobrir aqui.
Boa semana
Um escritor prolífero.
Eliminar: )
Desconheço o autor e a série... Até pensei que a série seria Dr. House... mas já vi que não! :-)) Essa série eu não perdia um episódio!!!
ResponderEliminarEstou anotando o nome do autor... para averiguações... :-D
Beijinhos
Ana