sábado, 3 de junho de 2023

 

Junho é o Mês do Orgulho

Enquanto os direitos da comunidade 2SLGBTQ+ são inexistentes ou estão a ser ameaçados em muitas partes do mundo, a posição do Canadá é esta:

“Os direitos humanos de todas as pessoas são universais e indivisíveis. Todos devem gozar dos mesmos direitos humanos fundamentais, independentemente da sua orientação sexual e da sua identidade e expressão de género.”

As cores da Bandeira do Orgulho têm, cada uma delas, um significado. Cada cor representa um valor importante para a comunidade 2SLGBTQ+.

Vermelho – representa Vida

Cor-de laranja – Cura

Amarelo – Luz solar

Verde – Natureza

Índigo ou azul – Serenidade/Harmonia

Violeta (ou roxo) – Espírito

Preto/Castanho – Pessoas de Cor

Branco/Azul/Cor-de-rosa – Comunidade Trans




June is Pride Month

While in some parts of the world the rights of the 2SLGBTQ+ community are non existent or are being threatened, this is Canada’s position:

“The human rights of all persons are universal and indivisible. Everyone should enjoy the same fundamental human rights, regardless of their sexual orientation and their gender identity and expression.”

The colours in the Progress Pride flag each hold a different meaning, and each color represents an important value of the 2SLGBTQ+ community.

The red in the flag represents life. 

Orange represents healing.

Yellow represents sunlight. 

Green is for nature. 

Indigo or blue is for serenity.

Violet (or purple) represents spirit.  

Black/Brown – People of Colour

White/Blue/Pink – Trans Community



26 comentários:

  1. There are so many meanings for the flag!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. The flag has had a few versions. More colours were added in the last few years, I read.

      Eliminar
  2. Don't think we have that here.
    Now I know what all the colours mean - thanks.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. What don't you have there? The city where you live doesn't celebrate Pride Month?

      Eliminar
  3. A informação sobre o significado das cores é importante.
    Os direitos devem ser respeitados, qualquer que seja a orientação.
    Bom domingo!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. The world is too full of false moralists bent on imposing their standards, half-truths and mistruths on everyone else.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Some people are so intolerant and so abnoxious towards people who are different from them.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I didn't know what the colors meant. Thanks for that.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Também penso que os deveres e direitos devem ser iguais para todo o ser humano
    *
    Domingo com Saúde, Paz e Amor.
    */*
    Texto didático: - Sexo na 3ª idade tem de ser nulo?
    */*

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Thanks for explaining the meanings for the different colours.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. You're welcome. I didn't know all their meanings either.

      Eliminar
  9. I hadn't known the specific colour meanings.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. The tree in your Header is lovely, and got all my attention.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. If I had I known I would have removed the tree so the subject of the post would get some of your attention. : )

      Eliminar
    2. No need for the extra "I". : )

      Eliminar
  11. Thanks for sharing the significance of the colours!

    ResponderEliminar